Calcium nitrate, a chemical compound made of calcium and nitrogen, is commonly used in
agriculture and horticulture. It is a water-soluble fertilizer that provides essential nutrients
to plants, promoting growth and increasing crop yield.
Calcium nitrate is also used in concrete production, cold packs, and wastewater treatment. Our
company offers high-quality Calcium Nitrate for industrial use, ensuring optimal growth and
Applications & Uses:
- Agriculture:Role: A vital component in
fertilizers.Benefits: Enhances crop growth, root development, and overall
yield and quality.
- Construction Industry:Application: Accelerating admixture in
concrete.Advantages: Reduces setting time, strengthens concrete, and
- Wastewater Treatment:Function: Controls odors and removes phosphates in
wastewater treatment.Result: Enhanced water quality and environmental
- Food Industry:Use: Food additive (E number E 522) for food
preservation.Benefits: Maintains food quality and extends shelf life.
- Explosives Manufacturing:Role: Utilized in explosives and pyrotechnics
production due to its oxidizing properties.
To ensure the quality and safety of Calcium Nitrate:
- Location: Store in a cool, dry place, away from incompatible substances.
- Container: Seal containers tightly to prevent moisture absorption.
- Labeling: Clearly label containers to avoid confusion.
- Protection: Shield from direct sunlight and extreme temperatures.
- Handling: Use appropriate protective gear when handling Calcium Nitrate.
Production capacity for Calcium Nitrate varies by manufacturing facility. Typically,
it is produced by reacting nitric acid (HNO3) with calcium carbonate (CaCO3) or calcium oxide
(CaO). Facilities range from small-scale operations to large industrial plants, ensuring a
consistent supply for various industries.
When used as a fertilizer, Calcium Nitrate is known for its relatively low
environmental impact. It provides essential nutrients to crops while minimizing harm to the
environment when used responsibly.